If you are using wordpress as your blogging system you know that everytime you publish a post with an image, WordPress creates two thumbnails and store them in the web server. These thumbnails are useful for photo galleries where smaller image will be displayed have a link to original image. These thumbnails are useful if you displaying some photo gallery but otherwise it just eat up the valuable web space.
You may want to disable this feature all together so that WordPress does not generates these thumbnails. Following are the simple steps to turn off the image thumbnail creation in wordpress:
- Login to WordPress Admin panel
- Go to Settings -> Media Settings
- Set the textbox values to 0 for Height and Width in Thumbnail size, Medium size and Large size section.
- Also uncheck the checkbox for Crop thumbnail to exact dimensions (normally thumbnails are proportional)
- Save changes. WordPress will never generate the thumbnails.