Finally Apple Unveiled its Tablet, The iPad (Video)
- By Viral Patel on January 28, 2010
After months of speculations and rumors its finally here. Apple has added another weapon in its arsenal, the iPad.
In a grand Apple press conference at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco today, Apple’s very own Steve Jobs unveiled the iPad. It features multi-touch interaction with multimedia formats including newspapers, magazines, ebooks, textbooks, photos, videos, music, word processing documents, spreadsheets, video games, all existing iPhone OS apps, and internet browsing. The device incorporates an LED-backlit 9.7-inch (25 cm) multi-touch in-plane switching display running at XGA resolution made by Innolux, a subsidiary of Foxconn. Pricing for models in the United States ranges from US$499 to $829 depending on the amount of memory and inclusion of 3G access.
The iPad is slated to be available for sale in the United States at the end of March (WiFi version) and end of April (Wifi and 3G version) 2010. International 3G prices are to be announced summer 2010.
Following are some features of iPad.
- 1GHz Apple A4 processor (custom)
- 0.5″ thick
- 1.5 pounds
- 9.7″ Capacitive touchscreen (1024×768)
- 16-64GB of SSD storage
- 3G available but not in all iPads
- $14.99 for 250MB, $29.99 for unlimited data on AT&T (no contract)
- 3G iPads are unlocked, have GSM micro SIMs
- Accelerometer, Compass
- 802.11n and Bluetooth 2.1
- Runs iPhone apps in window or pixel doubling
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics
- SDK out today
- $499 for 16GB base model, $830 for all maxed out
- Dock with hard keyboard available
Following is the Apple’s official iPad commercial.
Get our Articles via Email. Enter your email address.